NOTICE: The following
article is written by the author itself and not by me, I am not trying to
violate their copyright. I will give some information on them.
PAGE TITLE: CBN Daily Devotional
ARTICLE TITLE: Hope is real
AUTHOR: Martha Noebel
AUTHOR INFORMATION: Martha Noebel is a
staff writer.
DATE: N.A
Hope Is Real
By Martha Noebel
Staff Writer
On
the way to work, I saw these words written on a sign at a local church. It
said, "Hope Is Real." I thought about it and (needless to say) agreed
with the statement. But as I pondered the simple little phrase, I realized that
for many people hope is not real. I believe that is one of the most important
gifts we can give to another person, the gift of hope.
You
see, someone who is hopeless and alone usually cannot help themselves out of
their situations. They have a great sense of loss and helplessness. We must
come alongside and bring the good news of Jesus Christ and all that He has to
offer.
"The thief cometh not,
but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have
life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John
10:10 KJV
One
definition for hope is: To look forward to with confidence or expectation. We
must bring the Word of God with all its hope to someone who does not know it is
real. When we bring hope, we bring life. It is life changing to finally believe
again. It is more than just asking God for something we so badly need; we must
expect our miracle. Somewhere in the midst of asking, believing, and expecting
God to answer, we will find what we are looking for.
"I am still confident
of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalms
27:13 NIV
I
have felt for a long time that the biggest problem we have in the world today
is there are so many people who have lost hope. There seems to be so many
hurts, problems, sicknesses, troubles, financial woes, family problems, world
issues, political concerns, etc. It seems the world has no hope.
Apart
from God, it is an awful, hopeless place. But with God's help, we can make it.
I want you to know that whatever situation you find yourself in at this moment,
there is hope. You may not be able to see or feel the hope, but it is there for
you. How do we find the hope? There is only one place where hope can be found,
and that is in Jesus Christ.
I
did a word search in the Bible for the word 'hope' and found many wonderful
passages. They were mostly in Psalms and Proverbs of course. David found
himself in situations many times and had to remind himself that Hope is Real.
It comes from God. Here are a few of David's prayers to God:
Psalms
39:7 NIV "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you."
Psalms
42:11 NIV "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within
me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my
God."
Psalms
25:4-5 NLT "Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out
the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you
are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalms
25:3 NIV "No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame,"
Psalms
33:18 NIV "But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on
those whose hope is in his unfailing love,"
Psalms
119:49 NLT "Remember your promise to me, for it is my only hope."
Trust
God. He wants you to trust Him. You need to agree with God about your
situation. What does God say about who you are and what His will is for your
life? Don't go by your feelings. Instead we should remind ourselves that God
only has plans for us that are good. Jeremiah helps us remember what God has to
say about us. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah
29:11 NLT
We
do not need to be disappointed and feel alone. We can have hope! God's love in
our hearts will ignite the flames of hope we have buried deep inside our
hearts. God's Word can encourage us as we read it with great anticipation and
faith. Paul writes in Romans these words of encouragement:
Romans
5:5 NIV "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out
his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans
15:4 NIV "For everything that was written in the past was written to
teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we
might have hope."
Here
are a few key scriptures that help us to understand what we need to do. Words
like "be strong, take courage, wait, reverently and worshipfully fear God,
tarry for the hope, wait patiently for it, and be joyful in hope. They are all
action words we need to work on. Read these scriptures out loud during your
devotional times. Watch how hope will come alive in your heart as you speak the
Word of God over yourself and your situation.
Psalms
31:24 AMP "Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait
for and hope for and expect the Lord!"
Psalms
119:74 AMP "Those who reverently and worshipfully fear You will see me
and be glad, because I have hoped in Your word and tarried for it."
Isaiah
40:31 NLT "But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They
will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will
walk and not faint."
Romans
8:24b, 25 NIV " But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for
what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it
patiently."
Romans
12:12 NIV "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in
prayer."
I
don't want this to be just another devotional. I want it to bring life to you.
Pray out loud the words of hope into your life and your situations. I have
hope! My hope is in the Lord! I will be strong and wait on the Lord. I trust
God with my life and the life of my family. Speak these words every day. Hope
Is Real. It comes from God! He has placed it in your heart. Speak it out and watch
what God will do for you.
Romans
15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you
trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy
Spirit."
What
is your need today? Is it for a financial blessing, healing in your body, a new
job, a house or car, etc? Whatever it is, take it to Jesus today. Is there
someone in your life today that needs encouraging? Speak the Words of hope that
bring life. Hope Is Real, just try it.
No comments:
Post a Comment