NOTICE: The following
article is written by the author itself and not by me, I am not trying to
violate their copyright. I will give some information on them.
PAGE TITLE: CBN Daily Devotional
ARTICLE
TITLE:
A Psalm 91 Life
DATE: N.A
AUTHOR: Richard Spangler
AUTHOR
INFORMATION: Richard
Spangler has been in active ministry for 38 years. He has been working for CBN
since October 2003 and is the founder of Lion's Voice Ministries. For more
articles by Richard Spangler go to
![]() |
| Richard Splanger |
The
issues of the day begin to crowd my mind as I sit in my chair, trying to decide
what to write. Will there be an economic collapse or boom? Will upcoming
congressional decisions mean change for the better or the worse? Will there be
war? Will there be another terrorist attack in our country? Then on a personal
level: will I be able to lose the weight I want to lose this year? Will I get
my first book published? Will I move forward financially? What will it be like
being a grandfather?
Just
one of these questions can lead you down the road of fear and anxiety if you
allow it. Put them all together and you have a mountain of uncertainty. Many
people are in fear and panic because of these questions, including many
Christians. They are asking, “Is there hope? Can I survive? What, if anything
can I do?”
Yes,
there is hope in God! In the Bible God promises,
“Because
you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,
There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your
tent.” (Psalm
91:9-10, Amp)
God
also states in Psalm 91 that
He will cover you; He will give angels charge over you, no pestilence (no disease),
no sudden death, nor any evil shall befall you. And the list goes on.
The
key to these promises is found in verse 14,
“Because
he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on
high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My
mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never
forsake him, no, never].” (Psalm
91:14, AMP)
As
you determine with your mind to love God and set your heart to do so, you take
the first turn of the key for the promises of God found in Psalm 91.
Many
of you have taken that first turn of the key by accepting Jesus Christ into
your heart. For those who have not, there is no better time than now.
The
next turn of the key is equally important. It is getting to know God with a
personal knowledge of His mercy, love, and kindness. It is discovering who God
is, and not just by reading the Bible and praying.
This
happens two ways. First, meditate; don’t just read the Bible, but think about
what you are reading. According to Webster’s Dictionary, meditate is “to engage
in contemplation or reflection: to focus one's thoughts on: reflect on or
ponder over.” In other words, take time to think about what you are reading. In
our fast-paced society we scan more than we read.
We
scan e-mails, texts, letters, and articles without reading them and thinking
about what is being said. Take time with the Bible; stop and ask, “What does
this mean? How does this apply to my life?” Ask the Lord to help you understand
and to teach you. Don’t scan it and walk away saying, “I’ve done my Bible
reading for the day,” and check it off of that never-ending To Do List.
Secondly,
it happens by making time for God, spending time with Him. Remember, God
created man to spend time with Him. An example of this is in the Bible.
“And
out of the ground the Lord God formed every [wild] beast and living creature of
the field and every bird of the air and brought them to Adam to see what he
would call them; and whatever Adam called every living creature, that was its
name.”
(Genesis 2:19, AMP)
God
would create an animal, and then bring it to Adam to name. God was interested
to see what name would be given. I imagine there was some discussion of the
creature’s design and purpose between God and Adam. This took time.
Also
in Genesis, “And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in
the cool of the day…But the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, Where are
you?”
(Genesis 3:8-9, AMP)
This
shows God coming to spend time with Adam and Eve. This was not unusual for Adam
and Eve. They even knew the sound of God walking and would go out to meet and
spend time with God. This is what God wants, for us to know Him. This is why
Jesus came to earth, so that a way would be open for man to be able to spend
time with God and know him again.
Set
aside time, every day to get to know Father God better. Sit and listen for His
voice. Get to know His presence. Have personal knowledge and relationship with God.
This
will unlock all the promises in Psalm
91, and much more will become yours. It will not matter what happens, good
or bad, for you will be hidden in God’s presence and protection.
©
Copyright 2012 Richard Spangler(used by permission)

No comments:
Post a Comment