|
Chris Kyle on destroying evil
|
“I am a strong Christian. Not a
perfect one—not close. But I strongly believe in God, Jesus, and the Bible.
When I die, God is going to hold me accountable for everything I’ve done on
earth. He may hold me back until last and run everybody else through the line,
because it will take so long to go over all my sins. “Mr. Kyle, let’s go into
the backroom. . . .” Honestly, I don’t know what will really happen
on Judgment Day. But what I lean toward is that you know all of your sins, and
God knows them all, and shame comes over you at the reality that He knows. I
believe the fact that I’ve accepted Jesus as my savior will be my salvation.
But in that backroom or whatever it is when God confronts me with my sins, I do
not believe any of the kills I had during the war will be among them. Everyone
I shot was evil. I had good cause on every shot. They all deserved to die.”
Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle (April 8, 1974 −
February 2, 2013) was a United States Navy SEAL and the most lethal sniper in
U.S. military history, with over 160 kills officially confirmed by the Department
of Defense. Kyle served four tours in the Iraq War and was awarded several
commendations for acts of heroism and meritorious service in combat. He
received two Silver Star Medals, five Bronze Star Medals, one Navy and Marine
Corps Commendation Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals and
numerous other unit and personal awards.
Kyle
was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy in 2009 and published his
bestselling autobiography, American Sniper, in 2012. An eponymous film
adaptation of Kyle's book, directed by Clint Eastwood, was released two years
later.
On
February 2, 2013, Kyle was shot dead at a shooting range near Chalk Mountain,
Texas. His friend, Chad Littlefield, age 35, was also killed. The former Marine
accused of killing Kyle, Eddie Ray Routh, was found guilty of murder and
sentenced to life in prison without parole.
No comments:
Post a Comment