Gospel reggae is a genre of
music that originated in Jamaica, mixing reggae
rhythms with Christian-themed
lyrics.
Several reggae artists, many of whom were
previously part of the Rastafari movement,
have converted to Christianity and adopted gospel reggae as their primary
style. Examples include Tommy Cowan, Carlene Davis, Nora Dean, Papa San, Sherwin Gardner, Sanchez, Lieutenant Stitchie and Kerron Ennis. Other major artists in the
genre include Christafari. Lester
Lewis has been described as a pioneer of gospel reggae, having won the Jamaica
Cultural Development Commission Gospel Song Competition in 1989 with
"Every Time I Read My Bible".
The popularity of gospel reggae has been seen
as a sign that reggae has taken broader hold in Jamaica, having previously been
strongly identified with the Rastafarian community.
Lester Lewis and Singing Rose Ministry -
Everytime I Read My Bible
Published on Jun 1, 2009
Pioneer
Jamaican Gospel Group: Lester Lewis and Singing Rose Ministry's single -
Everytime I Read My Bible
VIDEO SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ov-n2T-ynA&t=10s
Bible | by Lester Lewis
Published on Feb 13, 2016
Every
Time I Read My Bible Written, performed and composed by Lester Lewis and Rose.
For booking, Email: kcmmusic1986@gmail.com
FOLLOW ME:
Reverberation: https://www.reverbnation.com/lesterlewis
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lester.lewis3
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LesterLewis1
Website:
kcmmmusic.org
VIDEO SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_g6NeImkmw



No comments:
Post a Comment