Paul
Washer’s sermon in 2002, The Shocking Youth Message was one of my favorite
sermons ever.
![]() |
|
The
Background of the Shocking Youth Message - Paul Washer
[PHOTO
SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrCvO8Elsis]
|
This is a Shockingly Powerful & Biblical
message preached to about 5,000 youth in a day when youth are appealed to
through shallow and worldly means.
At one point in this sermon the 5,000 Youth are
clapping and yelling but then the preacher makes a comment that changes the
whole atmosphere where you could have heard a pin drop... As you can imagine,
the preacher was never invited back.
![]() |
|
“If Jesus Christ isn’t
strong enough to motivate you to live biblically, you don’t know Him at all.”
— Paul Washer
[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.pinterest.com.au/lorirhetts/paul-washer/]
|
It’s a tremendous privilege for me to be here this afternoon
with you. Before we begin with any further speaking, I would also like to go to
the Lord in prayer. I would ask you to pray. There is so much going on here
this afternoon, so much that you don’t understand, but I’ll tell you where I’m
coming from. I’ll preach as a dying man to dying men and women and youth….
Let’s go to the Lord in prayer.
Father . . .Father, I am so small and so pitiful, Father, in so many ways. You know, Lord, You know, though dear God, should false fire be the only thing ever placed on Your altar, or could fire come down from Heaven amidst all the noise and the clamor and the activities . . . could fire come down from Heaven and these dead bones live…. Breathe on them. Grant them repentance. Grant them faith. Bring them into Your Kingdom, Lord, for Your own glory, for the sake of Your own great name, do this thing, Lord. As the brother said, let it be so, Lord, so that no man will take credit for it, so that no man will lay his hand to the ark of God and, if he did, that You would strike him down dead, Lord. Oh, God, move among us, please, because we have no other hope. We have no other hope. These children have no other hope except that You move…Amen.
I stand here today . . . I’m not troubled in my heart about your self-esteem. I’m not troubled in my heart about whether or not you feel good about yourself, whether or not life is turning out like you want it to turn out, or whether or not your checkbook is balanced. There’s only one thing that gave me a sleepless night. There’s only one thing that troubled me all throughout the morning, and this is this. Within a hundred years, a great majority of people in this building will possibly be in hell. And many who even profess Jesus Christ as Lord will spend an eternity in hell…
And then, when they look around at others who
profess to know Christ and see those people also just as worldly as the world,
and they compare themselves by themselves, nothing troubles their heart. They
think, well, I’m the same as most in my youth group. I watch things I shouldn’t
watch on television and laugh about the very things that God hates. I wear
clothing that is sensual. I talk like the world. I walk like the world. I love
the music of the world. I love so much that’s in the world, but bless God, I am
a Christian… there was a time in my life when I prayed and asked Jesus Christ
to come into my heart.
What you need to know is that salvation is by faith and faith alone in Jesus Christ. And faith alone in Jesus Christ is preceded and followed by repentance . . . a turning away from sin, a hatred for the things that God hates and a love for the things that God loves, a growing in holiness and a desire not to be like Britney Spears, not to be like the world, and not to be like the great majority of American Christians, but to be like Jesus Christ! [The audience then erupts in applause].
I don’t know why you’re clapping. I’m talking about you. I didn’t come here to get amens. I didn’t come here to be applauded. I’m talking about you.
INTERNET SOURCE: https://atwistedcrownofthorns.com/2017/01/30/that-shocking-youth-message-by-paul-washer-transcript/
Please go here
for the full transcript
![]() |
|
[The 4 spiritual laws and sinner's prayer] is
not the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that methodology and envangelism has done
more to hurt this country than every heresy introduced by every cult combined.
Millions of people in this country whose lives have never been changed believed
themselves born again because we have so reduced the gospel of Jesus Christ
that it means now nothing more than simple decision that will only take five
minutes of your time. - Paul Washer
[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1136832] |
![]() |
|
When you refuse to teach on the radical
depravity of men, it is an impossibility that you bring glory to God, His
Christ, and His cross, because the cross of Jesus Christ and the glory thereof
is most magnified when it's placed in front of the backdrop of our depravity! -
Paul Washer
[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.azquotes.com/quote/703917]
|
![]() |
|
When Jesus appeared to Israel, He did not plead with them to open their hearts and ask Him in, nor did He direct them to repeat a certain prayer. Instead, He commanded them to turn from their sin and believe the gospel. — Paul Washer, The Gospel Call and True Conversion [PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1VSmVG1Np4/] https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2019/03/paul-washer-on-depravity-of-men-quote.html https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2019/05/paul-washers-sermon-shocking-youth.html |
OTHER
LINKS:
Vimeo Video
= https://vimeo.com/24332007
YouTube
Video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8&t=2009s
PAUL WASHER LINKS:
Ten
Indictments Against the Modern Church (Sermon by Paul Washer on October 22,
2008)
VIDEO
=





No comments:
Post a Comment