Friday, February 25, 2022

JOSEPH CARYL ON JOB 1:21-22

  

21 And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” 22 In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong. – Job 1:21-22 (ESV)

 Lord, though all this be come upon me, yet I will not depart thee, or deal falsely in thy covenant. I know thou art still the same Jehovah, true, Holy, gracious, all-sufficient; and therefore behold me prostrate before thee, and resolving still to love thee, still to fear thee, still to trust thee; thou art my God still and my portion forever. Though I had nothing left in the world that I could call mine, yet thou Lord alone art enough, yet thou alone art all. Amen - Joseph Caryl



    

Joseph Caryl (November 1602 – 25 February 1673)

 

Lord, though all this be come upon me, yet I will not depart thee, or deal falsely in thy covenant. I know thou art still the same Jehovah, true, Holy, gracious, all-sufficient; and therefore behold me prostrate before thee, and resolving still to love thee, still to fear thee, still to trust thee; thou art my God still and my portion forever. Though I had nothing left in the world that I could call mine, yet thou Lord alone art enough, yet thou alone art all. Amen

Joseph Caryl (November 1602 – 25 February 1673) was an English ejected minister.

INTERNET SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Caryl

   

God takes the most eminent and choicest of His servants for the Image God takes the most eminent and choicest of His servants for the choicest and most eminent afflictions. They who have received most grace from God are able to bear most afflictions from God. Affliction does not hit the saint by chance, but by direction. God does not draw His bow at a venture. Every one of His arrows goes upon a special errand and touches no breast but his against whom it is sent. It is not only the grace, but the glory of a believer when we can stand and take affliction quietly — Joseph Caryl

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.idlehearts.com/2277117/god-takes-the-most-eminent-and-choicest-of-his-servants-for-the]



God takes the most eminent and choicest of His servants for the Image God takes the most eminent and choicest of His servants for the choicest and most eminent afflictions. They who have received most grace from God are able to bear most afflictions from God. Affliction does not hit the saint by chance, but by direction. God does not draw His bow at a venture. Every one of His arrows goes upon a special errand and touches no breast but his against whom it is sent. It is not only the grace, but the glory of a believer when we can stand and take affliction quietly — Joseph Caryl

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.idlehearts.com/2277117/god-takes-the-most-eminent-and-choicest-of-his-servants-for-the]

THE PURITANS LINKS:

http://puritanlibrary.com/

https://www.apuritansmind.com/

http://www.joelbeeke.org/

8 reasons you need the Puritans more than you think The Puritans can teach us how to suffer, serve, and lead with faithfulness. By Jeff Robinson

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=593686571185849&id=131496430738201

https://equip.sbts.edu/article/8-reasons-need-puritans-think/

https://www.evangelical-times.org/42246/my-top-ten-puritan-authors-joel-beeke/

http://www.puritandownloads.com/

PURITAN PROFILE:

https://www.apuritansmind.com/puritan-favorites/joseph-caryl-1602-1673/

http://digitalpuritan.net/joseph-caryl/

OTHER PURITAN BLOG POSTS:

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2020/01/sermon-by-joel-beeke-puritan-view-of.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2021/10/edmund-calamy-on-sin.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2019/07/thomas-watson-on-abhorring-sin.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2020/04/john-flavel-on-fearing-god.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2022/04/john-flavel-on-keeping-heart.html

No comments:

Post a Comment