NOTICE: The following
article is written by the author itself and not by me, I am not trying to
violate their copyright. I will give some information on them.
PAGE TITLE: CBN Daily Devotional
ARTICLE TITLE: Don’t Squirm
DATE: N.A
AUTHOR: Gene Markland
AUTHOR INFORMATION: Gene is a Ministry
Coach at CBN. He resides in Virginia Beach with his wife Martha and daughter
Laura. Gene blogs at http://www.spiritfellowship.blogspot.com/
URL: http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/devotions/markland-squirm.aspx & http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/devotions/markland-squirm.aspx?option=print
URL: http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/devotions/markland-squirm.aspx & http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/devotions/markland-squirm.aspx?option=print
Some
people have an aversion to going to the dentist. They wait until it’s
absolutely necessary to see one, and others never go. I can understand the fear
and dread that can come with a dental appointment, even though I have a great
dentist who is caring and professional.
The
uncertainty of what the dentist will find, and what procedure will be done can
be un-nerving. But for optimum health, regular check-ups and cleanings are
imperative.
When
I get in the dentist chair, I try to relax, put my brain in neutral, and let
them do their job. When there are sharp instruments in your mouth, that is the
worst time to squirm. The very procedure that the dentist is performing in
order to help you, could actually hurt you, and damage your teeth if you
squirm.
Imagine
what would happen if you moved or got up while the dentist was drilling. He
could damage your teeth, which would not help you at all. The problem could
actually become worse.
There
are times in life when we suffer painful physical or emotional circumstances,
and cry out to God to deliver us, not realizing that He is performing a
procedure to help us through the situation. We are told in God’s word to rest
in the Lord.
The
LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest” (Exodus
33:14 NIV).
Resting
in the Lord doesn’t necessarily make the circumstances change immediately, but
we can rest in Him being with us to help us through the situation. Remember
these words from the 23rd
Psalm, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I
will fear no evil, for thou art with me.” And, “Thou preparest a table before
me in the presence of mine enemies.”
Put
your brain in neutral, trust in the Lord, and let Him finish His job. You won’t
be in the chair forever, but if you squirm, you make His job harder, and it
could hurt you worse.
Someone
asked a friend of mine, who has a chronic illness, when God was going to heal
him. He replied, “I know that God is going to heal me, but when is up to Him.
I
also have found myself in difficult circumstances in the past. In the midst of
it I prayed, “Lord, I know that you are leading me, but this path is narrow,
rocky, and it’s difficult to keep from stumbling. It’s hard. Nearby is a
beautiful meadow of green grass. Why can’t we walk through there?
The
Lord replied, “Son, I am purposely leading you around that beautiful meadow.
There are alligators in that grass!”
My
difficult circumstances were actually the safest path around the real danger.
Though I didn’t understand at the time, I later realized that God’s purpose was
beyond my understanding. Through hindsight, now I see.
Don’t
forget that God is your Father. He loves you and will do what is best for you.
You might not see it at the time, especially if the circumstances seem
impossible, but hold on to His word. He who cannot lie says, “Be still and know
that I am God” (Psalm
46:10 KJV). Don’t
squirm!
No comments:
Post a Comment