Wednesday, February 18, 2026

REST IN PARADISE FOR 480 YEARS: MARTIN LUTHER THE GREAT REFORMER (NOVEMBER 10, 1893 TO FEBRUARY 18, 1546)


Lord Jesus, you are my righteousness, I am your sin. You have taken upon yourself what is mine and given me what is yours.” – Martin Luther prayer on Jesus

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10170684634775525&set=gm.1698830654049196&idorvanity=196783340920609]

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2023/11/540th-birthday-for-martin-luther-great.html

https://blackforestproject421.blogspot.com/2025/11/sermon-by-cornelis-kleyn-lords-day-1.html

             

             480 years ago on this date, February 18, 1546, the Great Reformer, Martin Luther died at approximately 3:00 AM in Eisleben, Germany, likely from a stroke or heart attack. At age 63, he was in his birthplace to mediate a dispute and was surrounded by friends, including Justus Jonas, who documented his final hours and last words: "Father into your hands I commend my spirit". (Psalm 31:5)

             In memory of the Great Reformer, I will post some of my favourite quotes from him, most of his quotes are from the blog post on his 540th birthday. I also one to include his Gethsemane Prayer.

   

   

When Satan tells me I am a sinner he comforts me immeasurably, since Christ died for sinners. - Martin Luther

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/866058

Here is the prayer Luther penned on Monday, April 15, 1521:

O God, Almighty God everlasting! how dreadful is the world! behold how its mouth opens to swallow me up, and how small is my faith in Thee! . . . Oh! the weakness of the flesh, and the power of Satan! If I am to depend upon any strength of this world – all is over… The knell is struck… Sentence is gone forth… O God! O God! O thou, my God! help me against the wisdom of this world. Do this, I beseech thee; thou shouldst do this… by thy own mighty power… The work is not mine, but Thine. I have no business here… I have nothing to contend for with these great men of the world! I would gladly pass my days in happiness and peace. But the cause is Thine… And it is righteous and everlasting! O Lord! help me! O faithful and unchangeable God! I lean not upon man. It were vain! Whatever is of man is tottering, whatever proceeds from him must fail. My God! my God! dost thou not hear? My God! art thou no longer living? Nay, thou canst not die. Thou dost but hide Thyself. Thou hast chosen me for this work. I know it!… Therefore, O God, accomplish thine own will! Forsake me not, for the sake of thy well-beloved Son, Jesus Christ, my defence, my buckler, and my stronghold.

Lord – where art thou?… My God, where art thou?… Come! I pray thee, I am ready… Behold me prepared to lay down my life for thy truth… suffering like a lamb. For the cause is holy. It is thine own!… I will not let thee go! no, nor yet for all eternity! And though the world should be thronged with devils – and this body, which is the work of thine hands, should be cast forth, trodden under foot, cut in pieces,… consumed to ashes, my soul is thine. Yes, I have thine own word to assure me of it. My soul belongs to thee, and will abide with thee forever! Amen! O God send help!… Amen!

https://davidbahn-reflections.com/2017/10/30/luthers-gethsemane/

Chosen in Him God’s Eternal Election

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=898152772825459&set=a.1512113558825167]

https://youtu.be/oxKSGUu8EuU?si=9_n069fZxxAmPA1r

 https://pulpitandpen.org/2016/04/19/great-commission-101-evangelism-not-evanjellyfish/

 https://heartcrymissionary.com/sermons/what-is-the-gospel-2/

 https://illbehonest.com/the-biblical-gospel-and-evangelism-paul-washer


Jesus said that HE LOSES NONE that the Father gives to Him!!!!

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=3694855480648456&set=a.112059135594793]

 https://youtu.be/dv1tpfGqDB4?si=ibaXNgRKKoPC4iSH

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ9yqrJoOrA


King James Version Only is unbiblical

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=3743513075782696&set=a.112059135594793]

 https://markjerde.wordpress.com/2025/01/01/why-i-left-kjv-only/

 https://samscreationcblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/14/why-i-am-no-longer-a-king-james-version-only-ist/

 https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/trevin-wax/the-king-james-only-controversy/


 

Once save always sealed

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=619306621247445&set=gm.24321678117491701&idorvanity=671673589585486]


Once save always sealed

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10162087925801824&set=a.10152562227771824]


Leighton Flowers and the Dark Side of Calvinism (refuted)

Rogue Calvinist

Jul 27, 2025

In this video, we tackle the controversial views of Leighton Flowers, and critically examine the dark side of Calvinism. Flowers' ideology has sparked intense debates within the Christian community, particularly among Reformed theologians like James White. We delve into the philosophy and theology behind Calvinism, exploring the complexities of predestination, election, and the relationship between grace and works. By applying critical thinking and a nuanced understanding of soteriology, we refute Flowers' arguments and provide a more balanced perspective on this contentious issue. Join us as we navigate the intricacies of Christian theology and philosophy, and engage in a respectful yet rigorous critique of Leighton Flowers' Calvinist views.

VIDEO SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz08UrLrUtM

    


Top 10 Pure Sovereign Grace Teachers

Narrow Path Doctrine Ministries

Feb 19, 2026

VIDEO SOURCE: https://youtu.be/hG9P4uqSN0s?si=wyOyED4L_FV2MFrQ

    


RELATED LINKS:

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2023/11/540th-birthday-for-martin-luther-great.html

https://blackforestproject421.blogspot.com/2025/11/sermon-by-cornelis-kleyn-lords-day-1.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2016/10/ninety-five-theses.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-mighty-fortress-is-our-god-christian.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2014/02/in-loving-memory-of-martin-luther-quote.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2013/02/in-loving-memory-of-martin-luther-quote.html

War for the sake of war is sin, but war for the sake of defense is duty. - Martin Luther

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1446920

PRAYERS BY MARTIN LUTHER LINKS:

Luther’s Morning Prayer – A Model for the Christian’s Daily Life

https://lutheranreformation.org/theology/luthers-morning-prayer-model-christians-daily-life/

A Prayer of Martin Luther

https://mypastoralponderings.com/2021/04/15/a-prayer-of-martin-luther/

Reformation 500: Luther’s Pray

https://imonk.blog/2017/10/24/77165/

Luther’s Gethsemane: A Prayer Before the Diet of Worms

http://heavenlysprings.org/blog/luthers-gethsemane-a-prayer-before-the-diet-of-worms/

https://davidbahn-reflections.com/2017/10/30/luthers-gethsemane/

    

When preachers teach biblically and clearly about the judgment of God and the dangers of hell, men begin to see that their greatest need is to be saved from eternal condemnation, and the more "practical" needs of this present age become trivial in comparison. - Paul Washer

[PHOTO SOURCE: https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1402647]

 Where to Begin with the Gospel ? I Paul Washer

Jun 3, 2025

Where to Begin with the Gospel ? I Paul Washer In this video, Ps. Paul Washer shortly explain his thought on how to share the gospel to the people. May you be guided as we are. Blessings!

VIDEO SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytaYeDXN-Ro


GEORGE MULLER ON DOCTRINES OF GRACE LINKS:

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2025/09/george-muellers-220th-birthday.html

https://www.georgemuller.org/quotes/apprehension-of-truth-the-doctrine-of-election

https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/george-muellers-strategy-for-showing-god

https://www.crossway.org/articles/gods-calling-for-george-mueller/

https://michaeljeshurun.wordpress.com/2020/01/30/george-mueller-the-calvinist/

DOCTRINES OF GRACE LINKS:

https://findlivinghope.com/2025/03/why-i-love-the-doctrines-of-grace/

https://churcheswithoutchests.net/2025/08/21/the-doctrines-of-grace-found-me/

https://www.walkingthroughthegospel.com/2023/09/10-reasons-to-believe-doctrines-of-grace.html

https://www.oakhillspca.com/blog/post/why-i-love-the-doctrine-of-irresistible-grace

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/devastated-and-delighted

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2021/05/john-calvin-on-isaiah-41-verse-10-and-13.html

https://lutherandcalvinbrigade914.blogspot.com/2024/01/540th-birthday-for-zwingli-swiss.html

https://www.apuritansmind.com/tulip/

https://www.apuritansmind.com/tulip/why-i-am-a-calvinist-by-dr-c-matthew-mcmahon/


Michael Jeshurun:

https://michaeljeshurun.wordpress.com/2023/04/18/did-christ-go-to-the-cross-to-make-certain-the-salvation-of-all-his-sheep-or-make-salvation-possible-for-any-and-all-who-might-believe-of-their-own-free-will/

https://michaeljeshurun.wordpress.com/2023/04/15/biblical-election-a-truth-to-be-preached-2/

https://michaeljeshurun.wordpress.com/2023/05/26/rejoicing-in-the-truth-of-sovereign-election/

https://michaeljeshurun.wordpress.com/tag/calvinism-not-from-calvin/

Frontline Fellowship:

https://www.frontlinemissionsa.org/answers-to-critical-questions

https://www.frontlinemissionsa.org/answers-to-critical-questions/john-calvin-was-a-murderous-dictator-who-had-people-killed-just-for-disagreeing-with-himhow-can-you-speak-well-of-such-an-evil-man-who-murdered-servetuswill-durant-called-calvin-the-dictator-of-genevahundrededs-were-executed

https://www.frontlinemissionsa.org/answers-to-critical-questions/you-calvinists-side-with-man-and-not-the-scriptures-god-wants-everyone-to-be-saved-you-limit-the-love-and-gospel-of-christ-with-your-tulip-doctrines-and-word-games

https://bible.org/article/what-theology-dave-hunt-s-misrepresentation-god-and-calvinism

https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/the-beauty-of-reformed-theology

https://conciliarpost.com/theology-spirituality/im-not-reformed-admire-anyway/

https://theparticularbaptist.net/2020/05/29/leightons-ministry-of-selfishness/

https://puritanboard.com/threads/countering-provisionism.106713/

No comments:

Post a Comment